Monday, August 19, 2013

Educated Decisions

You MUST stay hydrated, any doctor, dietitian, anyone will tell you that. Here's the kicker, people think "Oh, I'm drinking a ton of water. Well, good, sort of. What they have the possibility of doing is flushing their bodies of electrolytes. This is where cramping and muscle fatigue comes in. In order to stay hydrated and maintain a good balance, you must consume foods rich in minerals that carry an electric charge.

I think it's crucial that people begin to pay attention to what they put in their bodies, it'll save your life. The facts are out there. I can almost guarantee that the people buying meat from a grocery store don't know what they're putting in their bodies other than it being chicken or beef(or any other meat for that matter). Is it organically raised, hormone free? Do you even care if it is or isn't? Where does the meat come from? Free range(do you even know what free range is?)? Same is true for those consuming fruits and vegetables. Where does it come from? Is it gmo or organically grown? Pesticide free?

It's so important, but most people don't want to put forth the extra effort and research their food so staying naive about it and blind to what's going on is how they deal with it. For years, you're told to live this way, eat this eat that. But what if it was all a lie? What if dairy is horrible(which it is) for you? Do you give it up or do you continue on consuming something that could quite possibly end up killing you?

By no means do I expect everyone to be vegan, I'm just thinking out loud. People will do what they feel is right for them or they'll do what they want to do, but I hope....and this is something I've been firm on....I hope people educate themselves and are able to make smart decisions/choices when it comes to what they put into their bodies. Right when I stopped eating processed foods and became vegan all over again, I lost 20 lbs pretty much right away. I had more sustained energy and was mentally stronger.

I'd love nothing more than to have everyone in the world to be vegan, putting an end to the senseless murdering of innocent animals, but I'm also not one to force my opinions and views onto anyone who doesn't want to listen. Please leave me comments or concerns and lets talk about this. I'm open to everyone's views on the subject and hope that over time we can take this discussion and inspire each other to make smarter decisions in life as a whole.

Some helpful links:

Foods Containing Electrolytes

My Vega Blog

And please visit my sponsor Team Green