Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Here's Your Motivation: Giving back!

Motivation is found in many different forms. Something as simple as waking up and seeing a note you left yourself can motivate you to achieve things you didn't think possible. Listening to Rich Roll's podcast #33 with Roni Selig, wearing a shirt that reminds you to never give up. It's important to keep a positive outlook on life and continue fighting what ever it is you're dealing with. What really gets me going is people who give back without thinking about it. People who continually see the good in people and want to help anyone and everyone. These are the true heroes of this world.

Emz is going to run from 9/12/13 until 9/13/13, on a treadmill. Here's a quote on the charity run from Ikuna Apparel: "On September 12-13, 2013 Emily Toia will run the equivalent of 4 marathons in 24 hours on a treadmill. The purpose of this event is to raise awareness about worldwide illiteracy and to raise funds to support nonprofit, EFFECT International in opening two new schools in India and help 1,400 children to receive an education." An act of kindness like this is what really motivates me to improve on my training, my personal life, and my professional life(though I hardly call working at a grocery store a white collar profession haha).

I'm not very good with words and translating my thoughts into them, but I'm grateful there are people out there like Emz who are willing to give back. So please, everyone click HERE and order your shirt. It'll help reach the fundraising goal. Let's all back Emz on this intense run. And remember to smile at anyone and everyone. You never know, it may brighten their day just enough to continue on.

Visit these links:

Ikuna Apparel

Official Team Green

RUNEMZ

Vega

Effect International

Rally.org(I think this is where they will be hosting a live feed/stream. If anyone knows of a stream, please let me know. I'd love to link to it!)