Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bonding

Imagine being in a van with 5 people, driving and running for 30 hours without showers and any really food to speak of other than bars, water, bananas and other random bits of sustainable energy. Fueled by the anticipation of crossing a finish line together as a family, as a bonding unit, unified by the same passion. Imagine not sleeping for those 30 hours because you're afraid to miss any single second of anything going on in such a tight space.

Hood To Coast has come and gone and I'm saddened that it had to end. But at the same time, I'm blessed to have experienced Hood To Coast with some people that I've become increasingly close to. I couldn't have asked for a better time. These friends, loved ones, people I now consider family and would do anything for endured the same things I did and we all came together, overcoming the lack of sleep and hunger that came from sitting in a van for as long as we did.
I don't know what else to really say, but I am so thankful for everything that came from Hood To Coast. I miss my friends. I love them so much, and I never wanted that feeling, that experience to end. If any of you read this, thank you so much for being apart of that with me. I love every single one of you.