Saturday, August 9, 2014

Just Run For A Change

I hear excuses like "it's to hot" or "to early" or "I could never do that." And what happens with me and the way I think, I wake up slow and say "fuck it, I'm going for a run. Where am I going today?" And it's been a while since I've just gone on a run without focusing on my time, my distance and so on. The joy of the run kind of started to fade away. So today, when I woke up, I found that love again. It was fitting that I wanted coffee and well I could either go to the corporate shop down the road or to any favorite local shop Cartel. My car keys are right there, but so are my shoes. Here's the battle. Either take the easy road and come up with excuses or just do it. Suck it up and just do it. My buddy Erick says during our runs together "embrace the suck." Today was no different. Yes, it's Arizona, it's hot humid amongst other things. But there was no way I would neglect or derby myself the chance to run this morning. So I grabbed my bottles, filled them with cold water, took a couple salt tabs, hat, sub glasses, long sleeve and ran. I just went. I knew the route I was going to take, but time, distance didn't matter. Legs wanted to cramp, knee felt like crap, but there was no excuses and Goonies never say die. I trucked on, made it 5.7 miles to cartel at an easy pace, just enjoying everything there is about the run. This is the first time in a long time that I am feeling bliss, pure nirvana. I was thinking about everything and anything. The people that I care about were constantly in my thoughts as I ran, making me smile and feel seriously blessed to have all of them in my life. And I'm only half way done with my run, but I'm going to enjoy this mug of coffee before I go. This is why I run because I love my life.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs and possible random sentences. That's just the way my brain works.