Thursday, October 23, 2014

Just Saying Hi

We live busy lives and amongst the hustle and bustle of our lives, we often forget the simplest form of communication and quite possibly the easiest way to improve this world we live in. That's just saying hi to someone.

There seems to be new high rise condos and apartment buildings going up on every corner, bringing people closer together, but there seems to be a gap between us that's as big as the pacific ocean. Who's your neighbor? I bet a lot of you don't even know. And through our busy lives, we may never see those neighbors ever...

Coming home from work today, I saw a new neighbor moving into the condo next to where I live. I thought to myself, "I wonder if they need help?" So I went and introduced myself to them and offered my help. They'd decline, but we had a lovely conversation. They were from the Midwest and really appreciated me coming to say hi.

I'm not trying to make myself out to be some holier than thou person, I'm simply trying to... I'm hoping I can inspire someone out there reading this to start changing the world on a daily basis. We must to start small and simply saying hi to someone can really make a huge impact. With so much negativity in the world, we need to start filling our lives with positivity. I know this is a choppy post and has nothing to do with running or triathlon, but I really really really believe we can make this world a better place one smile at a time.

Here's my challenge. Every day, please just say hi to someone in passing. Smile at a stranger. Let's all unite and the this world for the better.

I love you all.

Mark.