Monday, November 10, 2014

My Calling

This is taken from my Facebook post, but I thought I'd share it here.

"What an amazing experience Ragnar was. We all embraced the suck and endured the sun, ultimately came out of it with a different perspective on life. I'm a true believer of things happening for reasons and though I've spent practically my whole adult life wondering what I was put on this earth to do, I've found my place and I'm meant to run. This is my calling and through running I'm able to assist people in their journey, help those who need help and prove to the world that you can overcome anything in life as long as you don't ever give up on yourself. I'll take the weight off your shoulders and run far and long because that's my purpose. I'll be there with you on your journey and pick you up when you've fallen down, I will never judge you for the decisions you choose to make and I'll provide a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. I'm blessed and I hour you all know, every single one of you, how much you mean to me. Love you all. This journey hasn't been easy and yet I'm so lucky, fortunate to be where I'm at. I've met some amazingly wonderful people along the way. Thank you thank you thank you."

I promise to run for those less fortunate than myself. I promise to run to raise awareness, to spread positivity in this seemingly negative world. I promise to pay it forward, to smile, to live! I promise to never ever give up on those I love, to always be there when you need me. I promise to be me.

Funny how a simple trail run with friends and strangers can really bring things to light and help you focus on living.