Monday, December 22, 2014

Running On Empty

Sunday's are nights where I don't get out of work until after midnight because this company comes and waxes the floors. When I get home,it's near impossible for me to go straight to bed. Add in the fact that I've been on my feet all day for some  10+ hours and I haven't been staying on top of my nutrition plan and you'll see a guy who's running on empty. But some how, I dig deep and continue on, knowing that if I don't go run that I'll regret it. 

The source escapes me, but I read somewhere something that has really helped me. It goes something like "you have to become comfortable with being uncomfortable." Makes total sense. Think about it, how many times have you been out there in the trails or road trying to muster all you have to get through that given run? Many times, I've questioned why I even do this but I don't stop. I embrace those moments allowing them to mold me or evolve me. It's moments like wanting to quit that are uncomfortable and I'm trying to really embrace those times. It's almost like I force myself into those situations so that I can get used to them. 

I'm running on empty, but I don't give up and I won't give up on what I love, who I love, my passions my goals. 

Sorry for the choppy post, woke up with a headache and I'm having one of those moments where I don't want to run.