Sunday, September 6, 2015

Opening The Door To The Unknown

Coach Frank once told me a story of waking up in the morning which sticks out in my head. Ps I really miss him, and I really need to stay in contact with him. He told me of waking up and going out to grab coffee. He moans and says "today is going to be a long day," or something along those lines. His wife then basically says "try again." Meaning, go back to bed, get out and of bed and start your day over with a more positive attitude. Now my description is a little vague, but you can understand where I'm going with this. Anyone can wake up and assume the day is going to be hard, painful or miserable and sure enough, with that attitude it will likely be all of those things. Instead, we should be waking up and starting our days off with a positive outlook, manifesting a good day. There are situations in life that happen and are out of our control, so we need to do whatever we can to control the environment around us to some extent. There's nothing that bothers me more than negative attitudes so when I find myself in a funk, I allow myself to become even more miserable because I'm focusing on the negative. It's very easy to do. I believe we are wired to focus on negative, so t takes a certain amount of dedication and "Goonies Never Say Die" attitude when keeping our chins up during those hard times. Say you had a rough day. The following day is a new chance, an opportunity to start over so why don't we start it off in a positive light? "Today is going to be awesome," or something less cliche. Point is, we need to truly focus more on positive thoughts rather than dwelling on everything bad in our lives. There is a lot of horrible things that we witness on a daily basis, but the world is still a beautiful place and our lives are so important. We shouldn't be wasting our time on earth. We should be out there living with smiles on our faces. We can endure and overcome adversity, we will  succeed and truly live. Now that my rant is over, I plan on being outside, absorbing whatever it is life decides to throw my way. It's time we all submit to life's journey.